Care and Maintenance
In order to ensure proper function over the lifetime of the faucet, smoothly operate the handle and pull-out hand shower during use. When installing do not over tighten the locking nut. Regularly clean the faucet with a soft, damp cloth and avoid abrasive cleaners, steel wool, and strong chemicals.
Working pressure: 20-100 psi
Working temperature: 1-60°C
This faucet must be installed with isolating/wall valves in accordance with local installation codes. All Zomodo faucets are strongly recommended to be installed by a licensed plumber. Improper installation may void the warranty.
All pipework must be thoroughly flushed prior to installation as foreign materials may block the flow. If any flow blockage is noticed you can perform the following operations:
- Aerator and the flow control can be removed with standard tool and cleaned.
- If a screen-filter is fitted into the faucet, remove it and flush the pipes and faucet to remove grit. Then re-insert the screen.
- If water is leaking from the connection tube joints you should retighten the flexible hoses. It is possible that these connections have loosened when the flexible hoses are tightened to the wall valves.
- If the pull-out hose is catching or not retracting fully, you should ensure that the weight is located just above the bottom of the loop. Also ensure the weight/hose are not catching on items in the cabinet.
- If the water stream is uneven it is possible that debris or grit has blocked the aerator. You can remove the tip of the spout and backflush the aerator. Firmly retighten the retaining nut.
- If the faucet is loose or rotating at the base as it enters the countertop you should retighten the nut ensuring the handle lever assembly is correctly positioned. Adding teflon/plumbers tape to the nut thread may help with a tighter seal to prevent slippage over time.
- If the spout is loose at the connection to the body you may need to gently tighten the small grub screw. Most Zomodo faucets require a 2mm Hex (Allen) key to tighten the screw. Do not over tighten the grub screw or the spout will not rotate freely. Please see the video link below to see how this is done:
Replacing a Cartridge – Leaking at The Faucet Handle
Over extended periods of time and depending on the hardness of the water in a given region, the faucet cartridges may wear causing small leakages below the handle. If this should happen to your Zomodo faucet a complimentary cartridge replacement may be available provided the cartridge model is in stock. It should be noted faucet models are updated every few years, and cartridges for older faucet models may not always be available. For a replacement cartridge request, please submit the following information by email to email@example.com:
- a photo of the leaking faucet handle
- a photo of the full faucet or a confirmation of the faucet model number
- the year and store where it was purchased
Zomodo always recommends to use a licensed plumber to replace a faucet cartridge, but if the replacement is done by a n on-professional, we recommend watching the videos below for some quick tips.
**BEFORE attempting a cartridge replacement always TURN-OFF YOUR WATER SOURCE to the faucet**